Brunch has become a favorite American pastime for people to enjoy each other’s company as well as a menu that allows picking between breakfast and lunch.
The General Public, located at 17619 La Cantera Pkwy Ste. 102 in The RIM, has recently introduced “Jam And Toast Brunch,” a new menu that will be served on Saturdays and Sundays from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. This will not be a typical brunch where you are eating and interacting with family and friends.
The restaurant will also feature local artists to provide the “jam” with live acoustic sets throughout brunch service, and Mimosas will be served for just $1 during brunch.
Kyle Noonan, co-founder and owner of FreeRange Concepts (which operates The General Public, Bowl & Barrel and other innovative restaurant concepts) expounded on wanting to give customers a refreshing look at brunch, The General Public way. He incorporated the culinary mind of Chef Daniel Menchaca to feature palatable dishes from enchiladas to French toast.
“Chef Daniel has been honing our ‘Jam And Toast Brunch’ menu for months, because we wanted to create something truly different and special for our loyal guests as well as for people who haven’t tried us out yet,” said Noonan. “We’re really proud of this innovative menu, and we think it has the potential to re-define brunch in San Antonio.”
The new “Jam And Toast Brunch” features a cornucopia of delights whether you are interested in savory or sweet.
For those who want something sweet or on the healthy side should try:
- Charlotte Anne’s Steel Cut Oats made with local butter, hand grated piloncillo, fresh cream and dried fruit.
- Greek Yogurt Parfait with ingredients including fresh berries, house-made quinoa-almond granola and blackberry honey.
- The Cinnamon French Toast topped with fresh berries and whipped cream.
For those looking for something savory, there are several items that will fulfill the creamy, cheesy and salty flavor:
- Egg Whites Parmesan – baked egg whites, parmesan cheese, harissa and light salad.
- Croque Madame – grilled ham and Swiss sandwich, chile mornay, soft fried egg and simple salad.
- Sunny Enchiladas – muenster cheese, beef picadillo, green chile cream, fresh onion and a soft fried egg.
- Shrimp & “Grits” – grilled rosemary shrimp, cauliflower “grits” and green chile
- Shakshuka – crushed tomato, toasted cumin, smoked paprika, soft poached eggs with a buttered baguette.
- Bacon Crab Stack – jumbo lump crab cake, smoked bacon, soft fried egg, green chile cream and simple salad.
- Crispy Quail & Hot Cakes – two chickpea crusted quail, scallion pancakes and chipotle syrup.
- Steak & Eggs Migas – three scrambled eggs, shaved ribeye, ale glazed shallots, crispy corn tortillas, harissa, served with hash au gratin.
If these dishes had your mouth watering, keep in mind that the full menu also includes an array of farm breads, sides, salads, burgers, sandwiches and The General Public’s signature Birthday Cake. This new menu is ultimately one that not only carries American traditions, but also a time to enjoy appetizing food while enjoying the company of loved ones and music.
The General Public is open from 11 a.m. to 12 midnight Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Friday, 10:30 a.m. to 2 a.m. Saturday and 10:30 a.m. to 12 midnight Sunday. For more information, visit TheGenPublic.com.